Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Year Ends and Things Start Happening

* The following events occurred December 2011.

It was time to go back to court. Mid-December and our side hadn't heard anything.  I wasn't going to be caught off guard, however, if DP had come up with the other $400 he needed.  I was ready.  His side liked to sneak things in last minute.  It wouldn't be the end anyway.  We would just head to see Dr CS.

Sure enough, the day of court was nothing else than the lawyers talking to the Judge. (a time and money suck) DP had come up with the money.  I was somewhat excited.  My feeling was, let's have someone else listen to how crazy this whole thing was and get things moving.

Dr. CS wanted to meet with DP first, then me, and then Ellie. Ellie was excited.  She wanted to be heard and felt this was a step forward.

My meeting was one week after DP's.  She didn't tell me how his went.  I walked in with my folder of things that had occurred, now about 2 inches thick.  I knew everything like the back of my hand. Where to find documents, what the key dates were, etc.  I had lived this. I was not worried.

The interview was scattered, in my opinion.  I had been drilled and questioned before, but Dr CS had no rhyme or reason to go from one topic to another to another and back.  My head was spinning a bit trying to figure out where she was going.

When I got a minute to think about things after, I believe she did this purposefully.  To see if I was making things up, to see if I would get tripped up on statements made and then double back on things.  It was brilliant, when you think about it.

I got a call a couple days later.  My lawyer.

Ellie's appointment was going to be canceled.  She didn't need to meet with Dr. CS.

DP's one-hour with her had been enough for her.  She wanted him to have some testing done.  This would consist of two things... Psychosexual testing and a Cognitive Assessment.

She said that there was no point in having Ellie go through any more until we got the results back.

The tests cost a total of $2500.  He would have to pay.

And, again, we were at a standstill until he did.




No comments:

Post a Comment